November 30, 2010
KTT Agrotour 1 in Kanchanaburi gives you the chance to explore a real Thai farming village, plant rice yourself in an authentic rice paddy field, enjoy a wholesome outdoor lunch in an oasis of lush green pasture , taste delicious fried bananas crisps and crowning this experience by learn everything about orchid flowers.
One Day Agrotour 1 Program of activity (KT 6)
- Visit of a traditional textile weaving workshop producing the typical PAKAOMA sash worn around the waist by rice peasants ( a KANCHANABURI speciality)
- Visit of a rice-farm and tasting of a traditional jasmin rice revitalizing natural beverage.
- Demonstration and practice of the handling of traditional tools used for field ploughing, as well as for rice threshing
- Visit of a traditional rice mill
- Demonstration and practical teaching of rice planting in a rice paddy field
- Exotic picnic right in the heart of a rice paddy field under the shadow of palm trees bordering a small lake
- Visit of a traditional banana factory hand producing naturally flavoured delicious fried banana crisps
- Visit of one of the largest orchid nurseries in Thailand with no less than 1 Million plants.
- Teaching demonstration of the way of culturing orchid flowers, Thailand’s national flower symbol, from seedlings to the fully grown plant
Note : At the end of the day, depending on the season, a complementary course on sugar cane farming may also be available in nearby sugar cane fields bordering the orchid nursery.
PricesPrices are in Thai Bahts and per person
|Number of persons||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Price per person in Thai Bahts||-||-||4 900||4 800||4 700||4 400||4 300||4 000||3 900|
Concession rates and conditions may apply to teens and children.
To inquire about these concessions, please contact us directly for an exact appraisal.